Savona Free Library Budget Vote will be held on May 16, 2017
Budget vote resolution:
Shall the annual sum of money to be raised by taxation from the residents of the Campbell-Savona School District for the Savona Free Library be increased by $2,900 to an annual amount of $52,300?
Who can vote?
Anyone can vote who is:
- A resident within the Campbell-Savona Central School District (CSCSD) for a period of thirty (30) days preceding the vote
- 18 years of age or older
- A US citizen
This includes any resident who rents or owns a home in the CSCSD. You do not need to reside in the Town of Campbell or the Village of Savona to vote but you must reside in the CSCSD.
Why should I vote? The Funds raised from the Budget Vote go to help the Library to:
- To buy new books, audio books, DVDs, music CDs, E-Books, digital audio books, streaming videos through Overdrive, digital magazines through Zino, and for streaming music and free music downloads patrons get to keep through Freegal.
- To fund programming for all ages, like Story Hour, Movie Nights, Summer Reading programs, and many more.
- To keep staff available to help with finding information, new tech assistance, placing popular items on hold and more.
- To maintain new hours for Friday and Saturday.
- To fund public high speed Wi-Fi connections and public computers for your private and business needs.
How will the increase change the property taxes?
Your 2017 Library tax bill would go up by $0.93 for the year based on the current tax rates, if the actual (not the assessed) value of your home is $90K.
Savona Free Library and CSCSD Budget vote:
May 16, 2017 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
At the Campbell-Savona Jr./Sr. High School.
Welcome to the Savona Free Library!
Welcome to the Savona Free Library website. If you are coming to our website you are looking for information on the library. You can find our hours, events, what is new to our collection, access your account, order items to pick up at the library and many other things about the library. But when you think about a library what is the first thing that comes to mind? If you are like many other Americans it would be physical books. While we do have a collection of books there is so much more to libraries these days than just physical books. We have computers and public WI-FI hot spots available for public use. We also lend out audio books on CD, music CDs, movies and television shows on DVD. Coming soon, there will be Kindle Fire tablets to borrow. All of these items are available at the library, but right now you are in cyber space. Guess what, you can still borrow from the library. Just put your pointer on “E-Library” and click to find out. Remember the library is much more than just a place to find books. We offer many other items for borrowing and many different services to the public, through your Savona Free Library card or any library card in the Southern Tier Library System. Also you can access the library not only during the days the library is open, but even when the library is physically closed. Need a book to help you to fall asleep at 2:00 am? Down load a digital book and start reading. Need to get authoritative information for a research project due real soon, check out our databases for articles from many different sources. Look around, try something new, the Savona Free Library is available for your entertainment and informational needs.